Due to the wide variety of options (material, layout, encoders), each ErgoStrafer is made-to-order and assembled by hand. Order fulfillment may take four to six weeks due to 3D printing of keycaps and case. See here to learn more about how we made ErgoStrafer.
"It's even better than I expected, a flawless recreation of the Merc Stealth"
-Doug, patron of the first ErgoStrafer
"It's amazing. It has been exceeding every one of my expectations."
Imagine the familiar layout and sculpted keycaps of the Merc Stealth, but with mechanical switches, high-performance electronics, and customizable open source firmware. ErgoStrafer is the modern answer to your gaming keyboard needs.
Faithful reproduction of the Merc Stealth gaming pad layout (placement, key shape, and key heights) as well as the same 5, 8 , and 11 degree tilt options ensures that ErgoStrafer will seamlessly replace the Merc Stealth you've relied on for years.
- Upgraded to use MX-style mechanical switches (brown tactiles, red linears, or your choice of any switch)
- High performance STM32F411 microcontroller for ultra-fast matrix scanning
- NKRO (N-key rollover): no limit on how many key can be pressed at a time
- Optional inclusion of new Z and X keys
- Up to three rotary encoders & knobs (with both press and rotate capability) can be installed place of the original Load/PrtScr/Save keys
- Open source QMK firmware with VIA compatibility gives you full control and easy dynamic key remapping for up to 23 layers. No more issues with driver incompatibilities and proprietary software.
- USB-C connector
- 3D printed keycaps and 3D printed case provides opportunities for customization of color, material, and surface finish (additional charges may apply, contact us for a quote)
- Integrated buzzer
Mechanical switches are soldered into the PCB in a plateless mount style. There is no hot swap PCB available because the switches are so close together that there is no room for a switch plate.
By default, if one encoder is selected for purchase, we will install it in the Load key location (the top-rightmost switch). If two encoders are selected, we will install the second encoder in the PrtScr key location (below the Load key). If you would like a different arrangement, just contact us after order placement.
Contact us for a custom quote (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like:
- different switches installed (i.e. you ship us switches, or have us order particular switches)
- the keycaps and/or the case to be 3D printed with different materials, colors or surface finishes
Additional PCBs and keycaps available here.